Wednesday 21 January 2009

Agencies... don't you just love em?

Had a voicemail from a job agency yesterday (they called when I was driving so I didn't take the call - how good was that ? - yes, I know it's the law!!) about a job I applied for.
When I called them back this morning, the guy I spoke to did eventually manage to find my CV and then asked me loads of questions about what I was looking for etc, despite the fact that all applications I make have that information. He then told me he had loads of jobs that would be good, but then seemed to home in on one that wasn't what I was looking for at all, and then said he'd call me back with some more information.... so I suspect that that's the last I'll hear from him! However, unusually for an agency I do actually have his number as he left me that message - why is it that they always use 'number withheld' on their calls I wonder?

Oh well - off to do a few other 'tasks' now - including one for a friend who has had a new cable broadband install done.The Virgin installers (the 'company' not the disposition of the actual person you understand!) wouldn't take up the paving bricks, so I lifted them (all 10 of them) the other day and now they need re-laying. As it's nice and sunny, seems like a good idea to do it today.

No comments: